Friday, March 5, 2010

I'm (not) a Barbie Girl

I had the most bizarre urge last night to play with Barbies. I felt just dressing them up and getting them pretty would be very therapeutic. I definitely was not thinking of playing with them the way I did when I was a kid. This of course is the reason why I'd have to borrow my sister's Barbies if I wanted to play with them today, because mine are either:

a) victims of VERY unfortunate haircuts








b) covered with marker or ballpoint pen tattoos











c) headless (or they'd have a jammed-on head and no neck)








OR
d) all of the above
My poor Barbies were also de-limbed, buried, and overall disrespected. I honestly have ONE that isn't ruined and that is because my mom made me put her in a display case. However, I absolutely loved putting my Gargoyle action figures in Barbie clothes (calling them Gargirls), and my Ken dolls (especially Greg and The Beast) got to live in the Barbie house and drive the Barbie car and eat the plastic Barbie food; go figure.
(*All photos compliments of flickr)

No comments:

Post a Comment